Sunday, April 19, 2009

An Extended Family

Throughout my life, I have been extremely thankful to have a few people who, for no particular reason have taken an invested interest in my life.  While at some points in my life, I have chosen to ignore my own parents, it is almost impossible to turn your back on a whole extended family of people who genuinely care who you are and what you do.  Had it not been for these generous people, I would be much less of a person than I am and I wish to thank them for this extraordinary gift.  It also leads me to wonder about who have I invested in and really care about.  I am often so caught up in my own needs being meet that I have overlooked those around me when I am in a position to speak into their lives.  The saying goes that impression without expression leads to depression and I have found that to be mostly true.  When someone gives of themselves for you, you turn around and give of yourself to other people, and the end result is a deeper sense of fulfillment in your life.  If indeed God gave his all for me, the least I can do is to give my utmost to help others, and the more contented my life will be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment