Friday, May 15, 2009

Is there a Cause?

Is there a cause worthy enough to join or dedicate myself too?  How do I decide to which one I should give my time and money.  It is an issue that has given me thought because I don't want to be a passive, apathetic Christian.  As I look around, there are many worthy causes that are out there.  Pro-life, Pro-family, Pro-Constitution...causes for feeding the hungry, reaching lost people for Christ, the list goes on and on.  In Genesis 11, the people said "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves; otherwise we shall be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth."  How does this relate to the different causes out there?  Well, first of all because some causes are out to do just that, to be heard and make a name for themselves.  The others fall into the "let us" catagory.  Let us. . . hold a rally, a march, a protest, a whatever.  In otherwords, they are saying our power and ability to do good is in being heard, finding the stength in numbers, and that the most vocal side wins.  I believe this was the mistake that was the downfall of the people at Babel.  God is the one who calls people to do His work, He is our stength to do good and make a difference, and He always wins!  Joining a cause is only a good idea if it recognizes this truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment